Makita is a Japanese brand that is well known for making some of the best drills and offers very high-quality cordless drills at an extremely affordable price. Makita has consistently proven itself a spearhead in the field of cordless power tool technology. The brand offers an inclusive selection of drills and drill sets. It is surely not a big deal if you have not heard of this name before because even reputed brands are often overlooked by many people under brands like Dewalt or Black and Decker, but this doesn’t mean that you cannot even consider them.
In this guide, we have picked the five best cordless drills of Makita with their reviews including their pros and cons and a comprehensive buying guide so that you can easily select the best and most suitable power drill of this brand and would not get confused by the numerous option which is available in the market.
Go through these reviews and then only head towards the market so that you can’t be fooled!!
|Top Top||Makita CX200RB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit (2.0Ah), Black||Check Price|
|Top||Makita CT225R 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit (2.0Ah)||Check Price|
|Top||Makita XPH07Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2" Hammer Driver-Drill, Tool Only (Renewed)||Check Price|
|Top||Makita XFD061 18V LXT Lithium-Ion COMPACT Brushless Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill Kit (3.0Ah)||Check Price|
|Top||Makita XT281S 18V LXT 2-Pc. Combo Kit (3.0Ah)||Check Price|
1. Makita CX200RB Cordless drill set
Our first pick is the Makita CX200RB Cordless drill set since we feel that this is the most finest product on the list. The results are promising and you will not need any other drill when you have this as this cordless drill can perform multiple tasks such as fastening, drilling, and driving. This not only makes your work more comfortable but also saves you from investing again and again on expensive products.
This power drill is made with an ergonomic design that offers ‘assist mode’ that helps in fastening proficiently by eliminating ‘cross threading’ and ‘screw cam-out’ and the cheery on the top is very light in weight with this high-quality performance. Moreover, another feature for which it is given ‘thumbs up’ is its brushless motor which includes two speed-settings. Even including an LED light, to illuminate your dark workplace, as an add-on feature, the price of the set is very reasonable, and its quality is outstanding. Therefore, purchasing Makita CX200RD Cordless set would be like cracking the best deal.
- Highly Compact
- Performs a multitude of tasks
- Battery charges very quickly
- The drill offers assistance for efficient fastening.
- Speed may be challenging to handle at times.
2. Makita XFD10R Cordless 1/2″ Driver-Drill Kit
Many of the reviewers have admitted that the Makita XFD10R is the most adequate cordless drill on the market today. This cordless power drill comes with soft rubber with an ergonomic grip design, which will make it very easy and comfortable for its customers to work for hours and hours.
It also comes with 21 clutch settings that can easily fine-tune the tool. Though this power drill doesn’t seem to be like this in appearance, it consists of two-speed transmission with a maximum speed of 1,900 RPM and can deliver up to 480 in. lbs. of torque. Lastly, it is also equipped with dual LED light, which does not help you work at night by lighting your workplace and to reach your tight spots but also acts as a water and dust resistant for dark and harsh job site conditions.
- Fast charging battery
- Features a four-pole motor
- Delivers 480 in. lbs. of max torque
- Dust and water-resistant
- Dual LED lights
- Lightweight (only 3.3 lbs.)
- Do not include on-tool bit storage
3. Makita drill XFD11ZV
Makita drill XFD11ZV is also a strong suggestion when it comes to cordless power drills. Its reasonable size and lightweight make it comfortable for its consumers to carry and work with it and also the small size is of great help while doing the work in a small space. Despite being small in size, this power drill is mighty, and its speed can reach up to 1500 RPM, producing enough torque to drill screws of 6 inches into a pine without putting in a bit of effort.
Furthermore, like all worthy cordless drills, Makita XFD11ZV also comes with an LED light to help you to work in the dark. The only problem with this product is that it has one battery, and the extra batteries, which come along with the set, can be used with the machine so it might become difficult sometimes to rotate the switches.
- Light in weight
- Reasonable price
- Consisting of one battery
- Bad design
- The problem might occur in the rotating switch due to its placement.
4. Makita XFD061
I am sure that this product of Makita will also appeal to you because it is very cost-effective. Makita XFD061 offers excellent features which surely will suit your pocket. The machine provides a superb level of torque with a well-designed brushless motor that performs its task by intaking less power supply and most importantly it has the driver mode that provides torque settings, which can be highly modified.
This cordless power drill is manufactured by keeping your safety as a priority, and that is why Makita XFD061 is designed with expertise for extreme protection, which makes it impervious to water and dust. Along with all these great features, this power drill is light in weight and its machine has a comfortable and smooth grip of rubber, which means you would not have any fatigue while working on that because its ergonomic and compact design makes it easy to use. Despite this good-quality drill providing the torque of 530 pounds but still along with this, the motor is still strong and does not make any noise.
- Reasonable price
- Excellent power
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Water and dirt resistant
- Ergonomic and compact design
- The battery discharges frequently
- The battery takes time to charge
- Chuck is made of plastic.
5. Makita XPH12T Driver-Drill Kit
Lastly, we have another cordless power drill for this brand. If you are purchasing a cordless power drill and you want specific speed and torque, this is the thing for you. This power drill is also multi-functional and can perform drilling, driving, and hammer tasks. The battery is powered by an 18V Lithium-ion battery and has a four-pole motor rated at 530 in. lbs. of torque.
Though this Makita XPH12T had dual LED lights to enlighten your dark workplace and weighs only 3.9 lbs. but still it is speedy faster when it comes to speed. It includes two-speed settings which allow this power drill tool to deliver a maximum of 2000 RPM and 30,000 BPM in this high-speed setting. Having this power will let you drill anything you want, and its improved dust and water resistance, with its new extreme protection technology (XPH), will surely convince you for serious consideration.
- Has a charging ring to enable you to quickly change between modes
- Quick charging time
- Improved water and dust resistance with two LED lights
- All modes have forward, reverse, and two gear ratios along with variable speed.
- Produces a harsh sound at times
- No drill bits included.
By surveying all of Makita and its drills, we have concluded that there are several standards for categorizing a product in the category of ‘good’. However, we also feel that the power drill which fulfills all of your requirements is considered worthy. The applications of all the products are different as the requirements of all the individual varies.
Therefore, before going to the market to get the best cordless drill, we will recommend you to check that their list of requirements is satiated. These are some critical aspects of power drills which you should consider not only to be equipped entirely with the product but also to avoid any problems of post-purchase dissonance, and you don’t have to bother spending your money again and again on the same product.
Here are those points, which, as per my consideration, would be beneficial for the consumers. So, go through them before you make any final decision regarding any product.
- The machine should be cost-effective: The power drill which accommodates the budget of the buyer is considered economical or cost-effective. We know that there is a great variety of drills available in the market or on the online store, but the range of products varies tremendously. There might be an extensive product that is also rich in superb features, but there is no use as if that product is expensive most of the buyers will overlook that. Therefore, to fall in the category of the right product, the product must be cost-effective so that it is affordable by all individuals.
- Battery Backup: We are stressing upon cordless buyers because it is easy to use and carry. But the other side of the picture is it is also very essential that the battery machine runs for a longer time. So not only in Makita but in every power drill, we would suggest that we give preference to the product whose battery charged at a reasonable speed so that not much of the time does get wasted in charging the battery.
- The machine should perform multiple tasks: Nobody wants to go and buy different products for different purposes, and honestly, nobody can afford that as well. Therefore, go for a power drill, which is able to perform various functions such as fastening, drilling, driving, and many more.
- Comfortable to use: The cordless power drill that you are planning to purchase should be comfortable to use. By this, we meant that you should make sure that the power drill should be light weighted and reasonable in size so that it cannot only be carried easily anywhere you want but also helps you to reach in minute areas.
- Security: Many people must have a bad experience, such as electric shocks while using any electric device. Obviously, you wouldn’t want to go through this and for this purpose give preference to the product that has the proper insulation to serve the purpose of safety.
Overall, Makita is a reliable brand which has a variety of drivers to choose from, according to the suitability of you or your task. Make sure to consider your needs when shopping around.
We hope that you find this article helpful enough to solve all the boggling questions in your mind. We are pretty confident that whichever Makita drill or driver you decide to purchase, you will not be disappointed.