No matter whether it’s just about tightening the screws of your electrical switches, fixing your new furniture, or just disassembling your household items or everything your own when traveling, you need to have a screwdriver that you can depend on. You would have a clear idea that manually unscrewing or screwing the bolts and nuts can take your whole day and leave you exhausted. But you don’t have to worry, the masters of technology have made our work safer and more comfortable with the fantastic cordless screwdrivers.
Cordless screwdrivers will go beyond and above in giving you the most convenient experience while doing any DIY task. Once you have started these screwdrivers, you can get away from that electric outlet as these appliances are charged by the latest in battery charging technology.
To help you find the perfect cordless screwdriver, we have formed a list of our favorites cordless screwdrivers so that you can take a closer look. Here are our best top 10 cordless screwdrivers currently available to you in the market, with size, weight, and price all taken into consideration for you to choose from.
|BLACK+DECKER 4V MAX Cordless Screwdriver with Screw Holder, SmartSelect (LI4000)||Check Price|
|Top||DEWALT 8V MAX Cordless Screwdriver Kit, Gyroscopic, 2 Batteries (DCF680N2)||Check Price|
|WORX WX255L SD Semi-Automatic Power Screw Driver with Screw Holder||Check Price|
|DEWALT DCF610S2 12-Volt Max 1/4-Inch Screwdriver Kit||Check Price|
|Milwaukee 2401-22 M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/4 in. Hex Cordless Screwdriver Kit||Check Price|
|Dremel Drill Press Rotary Tool Workstation Stand with Wrench- 220-01- Mini Portable Drill Press- Tool Holder- 2 inch Drill Depth- Ideal for Drilling Perpendicular and Angled Holes- Table Top Drill||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER Cordless Screwdriver with Pivoting Handle, 3.6V (Li2000)||Check Price|
|SKIL 4V Pivot Grip Rechargeable Cordless Screwdriver, Includes 9pcs Bit, 1pc Bit Holder, USB Charging Cable - SD561802||Check Price|
|Metabo HPT DB3DL2 Cordless Screwdriver Kit, 3.6V, Lithium Ion Batteries - 2, Dual Position Handle, LED Light, 21 Clutch Settings, Lifetime Tool Warranty||Check Price|
|TACKLIFE Cordless Screwdriver, 3.6V 2.0Ah Electric Screwdriver Rechargeable, Adjustable 3 Position Handle, 31pcs Screwdriver Bits, 6 Torque Setting, 1 N.m to 4 N.m, Front&Rear Light, SDH13DC||Check Price|
Have a look!!
- 1. BLACK+DECKER LI4000 Smart Select Screwdriver
- 2. DeWalt DW920K 2-Position Cordless Screwdriver
- 3. Worx WX254L Semi-Automatic Cordless Screwdriver
- 4. DeWalt DCF610S2 12-Volt Max Screwdriver Kit
- 6. Milwaukee 2401-22
- 7. Dremel GO-01
- 8. Tacklife SDP50DC Cordless Screwdriver Kit
- 9. Skil 2354-07 iXO Cordless Screwdriver
- 10. Black & Decker AS6NG Cordless Screwdriver
1. BLACK+DECKER LI4000 Smart Select Screwdriver
Nothing beats Black Decker when you want to do DIY in the home the easy way. This cordless screwdriver powered by a 4-volt lithium-ion battery that might be on the low end of the range but it can efficiently perform your basic jobs around the house such as installing cabinets or shelves, furniture assembly, and even lighting projects.
The LI4000 screwdriver comes with 11 accessories that consist of a 6-position clutch, a forward/reverse switch, an easy-to-read indicator window, a built-in LED light and a magnetic tip which is enough to attract some serious buyers.
- Consists of forwarding/reverse switch
- Have a magnetic screw holder
- Comes with 6-clutch power system
- Not suitable for heavy-duty tasks
- Can say Poor customer service
- Battery life is shorter than expected.
2. DeWalt DW920K 2-Position Cordless Screwdriver
Don’t get surprised by seeing another DeWalt in our list as DeWalt is a very well known for making high-quality power tools. The DeWalt DW920K is a reckless, efficient, and affordable power screwdriver that is very versatile in use. It weighs just about 3.5 lbs and features a 1/4-inch chuck to drive screwdriver and also drill bits for light applications.
Another impressive feature of this screwdriver is the adjustable two-position handle that allows you to either turn it into an in-line screwdriver or even a pistol-grip screwdriver depending on the job at hand.
This screwdriver is powered by a 7.2-Volt NiCad battery and can generate up to 500 RPM turning speed, enabling you to set the pace to the desired level for the right task.
- Features an adjustable two-position handle for more flexibility
- Backed by a three-year DeWalt warranty
- Quick-release chuck for quick bit changes
- Battery charges in almost 1 hour
- Does not have an LED light
3. Worx WX254L Semi-Automatic Cordless Screwdriver
The Worx WX254L is a little cordless screwdriver that stands out from the rest of its competitor. The best thing about this screwdriver is its semi-automatic cartridge loading system that delivers you the most convenient and easy bit management and changing system on any power screwdriver you have seen before.
It consists of two such fully-loaded cartridges, and they contain six of the most general bits each, making it a total of twelve bits. You will find no better cordless screwdriver for performing a small job than this.
The only problem with this Worx WX254L is the absence of a clutch, the lack of variable speed control, and also the low torque it produces thus, making this impractical for use with some heavy-duty task.
- Quite convenient and fun cordless screwdriver
- Comes pre-loaded with 12 bits
- Backed by a 3-year Worx warranty
- Consists of a semi-automatic bit loader
- turns at only one speed
- no clutch to limit the power
4. DeWalt DCF610S2 12-Volt Max Screwdriver Kit
This is another fantastic cordless screwdriver from DeWalt. This DCF610S2 screwdriver is the answer to many professionals who seriously require a severe cordless screwdriver. The attention-grabbing feature of this power tool is that the lithium-ion cordless screwdriver that comes in a permanent pistol-grip shape and gives a speed of 1,050 RPM.
Talking about the torque, this screwdriver manages to deliver the power of 160 UWO, which is equal to somehow 85 in-lbs of torque at its extreme speed of 1,050 RPM. This also means that it will even produce more torque at slower speeds.
The package includes a 15-position clutch setting and also 3 LEDs for the lighting of dark workspaces. Furthermore, the kit consists of a belt hook to keep it transportable while working, two pieces of DeWalt’s 12V MAX Li-Ion batteries, a contractor bag, a 3-year warranty and a charger.
- 6 inches and 2.2 lbs lightweight
- Comes with accessories
- Delivers up to 1,050 RPM
- The screwdriver includes 3 LEDs for illumination
- Does not have any driver or drill bits
5. Hitachi DB3DL2
This cordless screwdriver from Hitachi stands out in a sea of cordless screwdrivers because of its three unique features. First and foremost, Hitachi DB3DL2 is backed with a Lifetime Lithium-Ion tool warranty and a two-year lithium-ion battery warranty which is undoubtedly a great deal to offer for something that worth $70. Secondly, it comes with overload and over-discharge circuit defence system to ensure a longer life, and this means that you don’t have to invest again and again on your tool.
Thirdly, it is incredibly lightweight and compact even less than 11 inches long and weighs less than a pound so you can easily drag this where ever you need that and access your tight spots that need drilling. Furthermore, it completes itself with a 1.5Ah lithium-ion battery, a dual-position handle,21 clutch settings + 1 drill setting, a spindle lock to use it as a manual screwdriver and built-in LED light.
- Dual-position, ergonomic handle
- 21 clutch settings with a one drill setting
- Lifetime warranty
- Problematic placement of trigger switch
- Severe to change the torque to the drill position
- Short battery life
6. Milwaukee 2401-22
Milwaukee is also a well-reputed name in the world of power tools and manages to satisfy its customer with some premium productions. This tool is another example of Milwaukee’s efficiency. This cordless screwdriver 2401-22 is powerful enough to accomplish medium-duty driving and drilling tasks.
This power tool features a 12-volt Lithium-Ion battery that comes with a battery fuel gauge which enables you to know how much run-time you still have so you would have a clear idea of when you need to charge or exactly when you need to stop it from further charging, thus saving from over-charging. You don’t have to worry for durability as it consists of a metal gear covering for durability and protection and further seals with its LED light and a variable speed of 0-500 RPM to have enough control over your tool.
- Compact and lightweight
- Powerful device
- Comes with battery fuel gauge
- Suitable for light projects only
- runs through a charge pretty quickly
7. Dremel GO-01
If you wish to get those screws lodged within cramped spaces effortlessly, then the Dremel GO-01 is your perfect bet. This is a complete compact set up, and this is the e-screwdriver for the workman on the go.
You would surprise to see the rate of charging as the powerful 4 Volt Lithium-Ion battery is juiced up by means of a USB charger which makes charging convenient, familiar and insanely fast. It is a very powerful screwdriver because it is strong enough to drive in 2” screws with an impressive speed of 360 rpm. It has a perfect compact size for portability and fitting into tight spaces which is difficult with an ordinary screwdriver. In short, The Dremel GO is a cordless screwdriver unique in its category and worth of giving its shot.
- very sturdy tool
- Very easy to use
- Offers good quality for its price
- Does not have light for use in the dark
- Not beneficial for heavy drilling
8. Tacklife SDP50DC Cordless Screwdriver Kit
This Tacklife screwdriver offers the best rechargeable screwdriver with bits set. It is a lightweight power screwdriver with a 31-piece set of bits. This bit set comprises of 30 driver bits and one extension bit, which empowers you to reach difficult spots. This Tacklife screwdriver and bit set will help you well for installation of your furniture, window blinds, and even for mounting or installing stuff around the home.
It comes with two LED lights in front so that you can see well in all lighting circumstances. A battery level meter is on top preference for easy viewing and a forward/reverse button as well.
The issue that we have encountered in this time of survey is its low torque delivery of 35 in-lbs, which is not sufficient for driving large screws and the absence of a standard AC charger as it comes with only a USB cable.
- Kit includes 30 drive bits with one extension.
- Small, very lightweight, and very compact
- Features 2 LED lights
- Comes only with USB charging cable
- Not perfect for heavy-duty work
9. Skil 2354-07 iXO Cordless Screwdriver
This is a palm-sized cordless screwdriver perfect for those who need a compact cordless screwdriver with an exciting solution that fits easily in the palm of the hands and weighs less than even a pound.
You have to consider that this screwdriver is not suitable for heavy-duty tasks though, because it has just one clutch level and a 200 RPM speed but when it comes to small screw-driving jobs though, it outshines because that is what it’s made for. You would also get an LED light to work in dark areas with a set of 5 driver bits to aid you to get started. The On/Off trigger is right at your fingertips, with the forward/reverse button situated above.
Remember that it is a very weak screwdriver with a little speed and no clutch. This makes it inappropriate for also smaller precision jobs where care is required like on electronic circuits.
- Can easily get charged anywhere with USB
- Package includes a 5-bit set.
- Compact and lightweight cordless screwdriver
- Includes a battery fuel gauge
- Too weak for heavy-duty jobs
10. Black & Decker AS6NG Cordless Screwdriver
Black & Decker AS6NG is manufactured for the coolest jobs like hanging curtain rods, installing your blinds and lights switches, as well as many other small tasks around the home. This cordless tool offers just 130 RPM with a 20 in-lbs of power, which is instead considered soft as compared to the other cordless screwdrivers on our list but this makes it perfect for different other jobs though.
You will be needing four AA batteries to power this cordless screwdriver, or you can as well switch to the manual style which fits it perfectly. You can store this tool in pegboard as it comes with peg-hole and it is so light in weight that it can work anywhere you like.
We know and realize that working with this screwdriver means you will have to buy AA batteries from time to time. Still, it can also have its own compensations, especially in off-grid situations where there is no access to power or electricity.
- Designed to work on 4 AA alkaline batteries
- Delivers a 20 in-lb torque
- Easily converts into a manual screwdriver
- compact and lightweight cordless tool
- Low speed and no speed control
- Can’t handle big jobs
Buying guide for Cordless Screwdrivers
There are many different features to look out seriously for when you are considering purchasing a new cordless screwdriver. Here are of some of the most vital qualities that your new cordless screwdriver should consist, although this list is not in-depth so you should consider what it is precise that you need before you make your final choice.
- RPM: RPM is the number of revolutions that screwdriver rotates per minute. Many of the DIYers are not performing the same job all day each and every day, so the capability to be able to change and control the RPM is very advantageous. It can not only increase the speed of your job, but it can also give you massive power and accuracy as you undertake a task. Remember that though DIYers should be careful of high RPM screwdrivers so that they do not lose control or injure themselves or property.
- Weight: For some people, weight is an essential aspect which can affect your task completion. Heavy screwdrivers make particular task where they need to be held in specific positions really problematic. The fewer weight DIYers are having to keep in their hands, the better, as they will be able to keep the screwdriver in its appropriate position more accurately and for more extended periods. You should seriously consider this factor because you don’t want to be weighed down for no purpose if you can avoid it especially if you do a lot of travelling, move jobs a lot, or work on different open sites, weight is definitely a point that should be well-thought-out exceptionally.
- Batteries and Charging: Mostly cordless screwdrivers use Lithium-Ion batteries that are even rechargeable. Try to get at least two rechargeable batteries so that you can alternate between them. This is very beneficial as you can continue to work using one battery while the second is charging so you don’t have to stop and wait for hours and hours to get your battery charged. The second point for you to look out for is a charging light on your power screwdriver. This is an excellent method for you to know how much battery you are left within your power tool, which is quite essential if you do not have an extra battery. If you are looking for a way to evade the frustration of starting a task and not being able to get it done it correctly because the battery is flat, this is the best method to get around this issue.
- LED LIGHTS: Lastly, having an LED light is also an essential factor that your cordless screwdriver should have at any cost. These LED lights enable work to be done in the most difficult of scenarios, where other tools often prohibit your task due to lack of light. No doubt working with the integrated LED light on a power screwdriver can help you to work harmlessly, more efficiently and faster to get the job over. In short, LED lighting mechanism is an excellent means to prevent any sort of accidents that might happen to occur.
You will find every sort of cordless screwdriver, from high-precision and powerful ones with variable clutches and those with pivoting handles so you will find everything that you might need.
Lastly, the choice is always yours as you better know your need and requirements or even what exactly you want to do with this tool. Give this article a look and then move towards the market to purchase one.