Using brushes to get your paint jobs done is rather an old school since there are far more technologically advanced solutions available to you. A paint sprayer can get the job done in a far shorter period of time, and the quality of the finishing will also be far beyond anything you could accomplish with a brush. Cordless paint sprayers have brought a new level of usability and comfort to this product category, allowing you to move from spot to spot and make sure that not a single area is left undone.
It is important to find the right paint sprayer, though, since many products will fail to measure up to your standards. In this article, we will be focusing on cordless paint sprayers that are suitable for the DIY consumer. They are also workable options for professionals who are on a restricted budget. Make sure that you read our buying guide too so that you can better understand what goes into a top-quality paint sprayer. Here are the top ten products that we have found.
|Top||Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M367||Check Price|
|Cordless Paint Sprayer, NEU MASTER Electric HVLP Powerful Spray Gun with 3 Spray Patterns and Adjustable Valve Knob for Painting Ceiling, Fence, Cabinets, Walls||Check Price|
|Sun Joe 24V-PS1 24-Volt Amp Cordless HVLP Handheld Paint Sprayer, Kit (w/4.0-Ah Battery + Quick Charger)||Check Price|
|Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer||Check Price|
|HomeRight C800971 Paint Sprayer, Super Finish Max, Multi||Check Price|
|Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590 Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer, Sprays Unthinned Latex, Includes Two, iSpray Detail Finish Nozzle, Complete Adjustability for All Needs||Check Price|
|Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M367||Check Price|
|Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer||Check Price|
|Ryobi P108 One+ 18V 4.0AH Lithium Ion Battery and P117 One+ Dual Chemistry Lithium Ion and NiCad Battery Charger (2 Piece Combo Set)||Check Price|
|Graco Ultra Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M363||Check Price|
1. Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Paint Sprayer
You would be hard pressed to find a cordless paint sprayer that can come anywhere close to what this model offers. Graco is well known for its paint sprayers, and this product beats anything else in the market. The high pressure means that you can use lots of paint without requiring any thinner, and the batteries last for ages whilst also getting fully charged quite quickly resulting in very little downtime.
The only downside to this paint sprayer is that it has a lot of intricate parts which means that cleaning can be a little complicated, but this isn’t a big deal for painters who have a bit of experience. The truly surprising thing is that despite the top notch design and the superior finishing this product can provide, it is not overly expensive. This just goes to show that you don’t need to spend tons of money to get a quality product.
- Superior smooth finishes
- Works with all kinds of materials
- Doesn’t require thinner
- Fast charging batteries
- Lightweight design
- Requires complicated cleaning
2. Neu Master Electric HVLP Spray Gun
This paint sprayer is a prime example of a product that is extremely versatile but does not complicate its operations through unnecessary features. Perhaps the most significant advantage of using this paint sprayer is the speed at which it puts out the paint. You can empty out its 30-ounce container in just 4 minutes which is great since it means you can finish an entire coat in a very short period of time. The sprayer’s different modes and settings as well as the different nozzles you get with it make it one of the best products that you could possibly get right now.
This product would have been a clear contender for the top spot were it not for the terrible battery life. 2ah is not nearly enough for a complete DIY job, so expect to recharge frequently. Since Neu Master is not as common as other brands, there is also a lack of spare parts that you can use for replacements or repairs.
- Versatile sprayer
- Easy operation
- Excellent paint capacity
- Multiple interchangeable nozzles
- Poor battery life
- Lack of availability of spare parts
3. Sun Joe 24V-PSI 24-Volt Amp Cordless HVLP Handheld Paint Sprayer
It might surprise you to hear this, but the fact that Sun Joe’s top cordless paint sprayer uses low pressure is actually a very good thing. It manages to put out quite a bit of paint despite the low pressure, and this combination allows for a very smooth finish that without too much effort. The even coat won’t fade either which is a common problem that is caused by other kinds of paint sprayers. Since this product has a 32 ounce capacity built in, the high volume of paint used won’t mean constant refilling which would be a relief.
Overall, this is a solid choice for people that want something easy and affordable with an admirable paint capacity, but you do need to use paint thinner so keep that in mind. Also, some users complain of leaks so using this paint sprayer might not be quite as neat as you would like it to be.
- Three spray patterns to choose from
- No fading after job
- High paint capacity
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Requires paint thinner
- Sometimes leaks
4. Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
This product from Graco adds a bit of physicality to the painting process thanks to the squeeze feature at the back which helps give you a bit more control over the spray. The dual speed setting is a bit minimal, but ridiculous numbers of speed levels rarely ever prove to be useful so it’s good that Graco ended up keeping it simple in this regard. You also find a lot of ease of use thanks to this paint sprayer not needing the use of paint thinner, although we wish that Graco had extended the same simplicity to the paint refilling process.
The fact that the paint capacity dries up rather quickly means that you will have to go through the complicated refilling a little too frequently which is why we had to bump this product down a few places despite its solid performance and its various other advantages.
- Dual speed setting
- Easy clean up
- Multidirectional spray
- No paint thinner required
- Low paint capacity
- Complicated paint refill process
5. HomeRight C800971 Max Extra Power Painter
If you want a top notch cordless paint sprayer, you would need something that can use all different kinds of paints. You never know what type of paint you would end up needing at any given point in time after all, so the fact that this product form HomeRight works with so many paints is definitely a big advantage. The adjustable nozzle helps you spray these different paint types in various ways too, and you can paint virtually any surface with this paint sprayer.
One thing that you might not like is the excessive quantity of paint that ends up being used due to the high pressure spray design of this product. What’s more is that you definitely need to use a paint thinner if you are using slightly unique paint types which can be inconvenient for buyers that want to get the job done in a hurry.
- Comfortable handling facilitates extended use
- Compatible with lots of different paints
- Easy cleanup due to Rapid Clean feature
- Uses excessive quantities of paint
- Complicated paint thinning process
6. Wagner Spraytech Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer 0529010
Wagner’s cordless paint sprayers don’t get enough credit, especially when you consider how powerful they can be without adding too much weight to the overall design. You get ten different settings to adjust speed according to what you might be looking for, and you can get quite precise with the spray levels too which is another great advantage. Wagner has also clearly worked hard to make this product easy to store with its collapsible design and built in storage capabilities which go nicely with how light and portable it is.
You might want to consider the limits of this cordless paint sprayer too, however. Its compact size makes it a great fit but also the components are so minuscule that cleaning them would be a real nightmare, and since it doesn’t work with latex paints you would be at a disadvantage if that is the type of paint you prefer.
- Adjustable based on preference
- Lightweight design for extended use
- Provides suitable pressure
- Works with limited selection of paints
- Difficult to clean
7. Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M367
Being able to get a high quality finish with an airless paint sprayer is a real feat, and this is one of those products that manages to do this with no trouble at all. It’s great for beginners due to its easy operation, and this product is also a rare example of something that is relatively lightweight yet does not compromise on durability. This comes mostly from the quality of the materials used which you can tell from the ample stainless steel as well as the matte plastic finishing which lends a premium look and feel.
The battery life can be a bit dodgy, though, and while the product works great for people that are inexperienced with paint sprayers the price can be a bit steep. Beginners usually want affordable products so the high price point for this offering from Graco is usually something that would prevent newbies from being interested in it.
- Suitable for beginners
- Portable yet durable
- High quality raw materials used
- Low battery life
- Rather pricey for beginners
8. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
The first thing that stands out about this cordless paint sprayer is the power, as well as the control you will have over this power. You can get just the right kind of pressure you want from this product, and the phenomenal capacity means that you can use the sprayer at high pressure levels without quickly running out of paint. The stainless steel piston pump ensures a smooth paint spray which many first time painters are going to love.
There actually isn’t all that much to complain about with this paint sprayer, but since this list is meant to provide options for DIY use the sprayer gets bumped down a few places due to its complicated usability. Its bulky design is also a major downside since cordless sprayers should be a lot lighter than this to facilitate an easy painting session that wouldn’t tire you out too quickly.
- Pressure control
- Excellent capacity
- Durable piston pump
- Difficult for beginners to use
- Too bulky when compared to other products
9. Ryobi P620 ONE
This paint sprayer from Ryobi gives you three different spray patterns to choose from, which means that you can spray in any direction you like whether that’s horizontal, vertical or circular. Having this much control over spray patterns is great since it would allow you to create the exact coat of paint that conforms to your preferences, and this product’s excellent handling which is optimized by its GripZone technology as well as its rather light design means that it can be great for people that want to get work done quickly.
The portability does come at a cost in this instance, though not a monetary one. Rather, this product ends up being somewhat fragile due to its lightweight design. Some buyers will also not appreciate the fact that you can’t use this product on floors which tends to be an important consideration for many to make when looking for the right kind of paint sprayer.
- Lightweight and portable
- Multiple spray patterns
- Unique ergonomic grip and handling
- Lacks durability
- Not very versatile
10. Graco Ultra Battery Operated Paint Sprayer 17M363
Beginners often don’t worry too much about finding the highest quality product on the market. Sometimes a baseline product can work just fine as long as it is easy to use. This paint sprayer from Graco is perfect for beginners. Its price is reasonable, and it is a surprisingly versatile product as well, since it can work with a wide range of materials and solvents.
There are a few issues that some people face with this product. Its low capacity can be a problem, especially if you plan on working on a few long term projects. There is also an issue with durability, so you might want to be careful while using this product. An additional issue that many face has to do with noise levels which can often be unnecessarily high, thereby requiring you to use some protective equipment lest your ears start ringing.
- Suitable for beginners
- Affordable price
- Works with tough surfaces
- Unnecessarily loud
- Insufficient capacity
- Quite fragile
Our list of top cordless paint sprayers shows you the best products on the market, but you also need to develop an understanding of what makes these products great. Here are some the criteria you should be keeping in mind when buying a cordless paint sprayer.
- Battery Life: The brand of battery that is used matters here. It should ideally have a long life on a full charge, and this charging time should be at a minimum as well. Long battery life becomes less valuable if it takes ages for the battery to become fully charged in the first place. Also, the battery should have a long lifespan, which is different from the battery life since it’s more about how long the battery will last before it needs replacing.
- Ease of Use: Chances are that you’re not a professional and are instead looking for a cordless paint sprayer that can work in a DIY setting at home. Ease of storage, the learning curve involved in figuring out how to use the drill as well as the cleanup that will come once your work is finished all factor into how easy your cordless paint sprayer would be to use. Ease of use is an essential factor since it impacts how often you’d be able to make use of your cordless paint sprayer, as well as the number of projects you’d be capable of taking part in.
- Portability: One compromise that often needs to be made with cordless tools is that they have a battery that can weigh quite a bit. You should ideally find a paint sprayer that fixes this issue and offers a reasonable amount of portability. An overly bulky or heavy cordless paint sprayer can cause injuries along with preventing you from spending a long time working as you will get tired much more quickly than might have been the case otherwise. Opting for lighter paint sprayers is always a better option.
- Power Levels and Maximum Speed: You need an adequate amount of power from your sprayer otherwise it won’t give you the level of quality you need. Ideally, the speed levels should be adjustable so that you can get the precise level of spray that you desire. Being stuck with a single power level is never going to work, especially if it works at a high capacity. Generally, good quality paint sprayers should have between 500 to 800 watts of power. Anything less than this would not provide sufficient paint jobs, and higher than this would just create a huge mess without providing any real benefits.
- Versatility: It is a common misconception that paint sprayers should only be able to store paint. Other kinds of solvents should also be storable in its container since you never know when you are going to need to prime your paint job with a few other chemicals. Versatility also refers to the different kinds of surfaces that the paint can be applied on.
- 1. Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Paint Sprayer
- 2. Neu Master Electric HVLP Spray Gun
- 3. Sun Joe 24V-PSI 24-Volt Amp Cordless HVLP Handheld Paint Sprayer
- 4. Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
- 5. HomeRight C800971 Max Extra Power Painter
- 6. Wagner Spraytech Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer 0529010
- 7. Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M367
- 8. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
- 9. Ryobi P620 ONE
- 10. Graco Ultra Battery Operated Paint Sprayer 17M363
- Buying Guide